Under this scheme, it has been proposed to established Village Level farm Machinery Bank (VLFMB), Custom Hiring Centres (CHC) and High Tech Hubs (HTH) in order to facilitate easy availability of farm implements and machineries for hiring by farmers.
Agricultural land area in the world has limit, but the demand for food is ever increasing due to population growth. To increase productivity in the limited land so as to meet the expanding demand arising from population growth as well as higher income is very important mission.
The task assumes greater importance to India, than the rest of the world considering that India accounts for 2.4% of the world’s geographical area and 4% of its water resources, but has to support 17% of the world’s human population and 15% of the livestock.
- Increasing the reach of farm mechanism to small and marginal farmers and to the regions where availability of farm power is low;
- Promoting ‘Custom Hiring Centres’ to offset the adverse economics of scale arising due to small landholding and high cost of individual ownership;
- Creating hubs for hi-tech & high value farm equipments;
- Creating awareness among stakeholders through demonstration and capacity building activities;
- Ensuring performance testing and certification at designated testing centres located all over the country
- Promotion and Strengthening of Agricultural Mechanization through Training, Testing and Demonstration: Aims to ensure performance testing of agricultural machinery and equipment, capacity building of farmers and end users and promoting farm mechanization through demonstrations.
- Demonstration, Training and Distribution of Post-Harvest Technology and Management (PHTM): Aims at popularizing technology for processing, value addition, low cost scientific storage/transport and the crop by-product management through demonstrations, capacity building of farmers and end users. Provides financial assistance for establishing PHT units.
- Financial assistance for Procurement of Agricultural Machinery and Equipment: Promotes ownership of various agricultural machinery & equipments as per norms of assistance.
- Establish Farm Machinery Banks for Custom Hiring: Provides suitable financial assistance to establish Farm Machinery Banks for Custom Hiring for appropriate locations and crops.
- Establish Hi-Tech, High Productive Equipment Hub for Custom Hiring: Provides financial assistance to set up hi-tech machinery hubs for high value crops like sugarcane, cotton, etc.
- Promotion of Farm Mechanization in Selected Villages: Provides financial assistance to promote appropriate technologies and to set up Farm Machinery Banks in identified villages in low mechanised states.
- Financial Assistance for Promotion of Mechanized Operations/hectare Carried out Through Custom hiring Centres: Provides financial assistance on per hectare basis to the beneficiaries hiring machinery/ equipments from custom hiring centres in low mechanized areas.
- Promotion of Farm Machinery and Equipment in North-Eastern Region: Extends financial assistance to beneficiaries in high-potential but low mechanized states of North-East